Got questions? We have answers! Here’s your guide to food (and drink!) at Namas Day!
I need coffee. Where can I get it?
Grab it on your way to registration! White Horse Coffee & Creamery will be parked on the sidewalk in front of WHYY (on N. 6th Street) starting at 7:15AM. Click here to check out their menu of delicious handcrafted coffee, tea, and more below. Please Note: White Horse will be leaving at 10:30AM.
Should I pack lunch?
Nope! We’ve got you covered! We will have two food trucks on the sidewalk in front of WHYY starting at 11AM.
First up, we have Paper Mill Foods – Home of the Spurrito (MOUTHWATERING fresh spring roll burritos)! It all started off as an obsession with fresh spring rolls, a random trip to a rice paper factory in Vietnam, and a couple of recipes from chef/owner/founder/Spurrito man Alex Sherack’s mother. In 2016 and early 2017, Paper Mill was down at Bondi Beach Farmers Market in Sydney, Australia, slinging spurritos. Initially, it was just a hobby, but when Alex met a Philly girl, the Paper Mill food truck was born.
Click here to take a peek at Paper Mill’s delicious spring menu.
Next, we are thrilled to welcome The Happy Pita back to Namas Day! The Happy Pita is owned and operated by Steve Bernstein, a yogi who fell head over heels for falafel while attending college in Rhode Island. From his first bite, Steve knew he had to bring falafel and Lebanese style pita wraps to the Philadelphia area. To make his dream a reality, Steve toiled in the corporate world for seven long years…plotting, dreaming, saving & waiting for the right time. Finally, Steve sat down with his two best friends (who are incredible graphic designers), brainstormed, and The Happy Pita was born.
- The Happy Pita – grilled chicken, avocado, strawberries, toasted almonds, and romaine lettuce, topped with a greek yogurt poppy seed dressing
- The Chicken Mozzarella – grilled chicken, fresh sliced mozzarella, roasted red peppers, and romaine lettuce topped with balsamic vinaigrette
- The Friendly Falafel – falafel, arugula, tomato, onion, pickles, banana peppers, hummus, tahini, and tzatziki dressing
- The Chicken Gyro – grilled chicken, arugula, tomato, onion, cucumber, tahini, and tzatziki dressing
- Sweet Potato Fries – tossed in curry powder, and topped with honey-siracha
What about beverages?
What if I’m starving between sessions? Can I grab a snack?
You’ll find a few snacks in your swag bag courtesy of our friends at GoGo Squeeze, goMacro, and Soom. There are also a few food vendors you can visit in the marketplace. Our sponsor, MOM’s Organic Market, will be handing out treats. barkTHINS is bringing their (addictive) snacking chocolate (shoutout to dark chocolate pumpkin seed with sea salt!), and Inner Flame will be serving up some nourishing kitchari made from their specialty spice mixes!